CPB200: Google BigQuery for Data Analysts
This 3-day, instructor-led class introduces participants to Google BigQuery. Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn how to use BigQuery to analyze data sets no matter how large, at the performance and scale of Google. In this course you model data for BigQuery, load data into BigQuery, query data, and visualize data.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google BigQuery
- Describe ways in which customers have used Google BigQuery to improve their businesses
- Understand the architecture of BigQuery and how queries are processed
- Interact with BigQuery using the web UI and command-line interface
- Identify the purpose and structure of BigQuery schemas and data types
- Understand the purpose of and advantages of BigQuery destinations tables and caching
- Use BigQuery jobs
- Transform and load data into BigQuery
- Export data from BigQuery
- Store query results in a destination table
- Create a federated query
- Export log data to BigQuery and query it
- Understand the BigQuery pricing structure and evaluate mechanisms for controlling query and storage costs
- Identify best practices for optimizing query performance
- Troubleshoot common errors in BigQuery
- Use various BigQuery functions
- Use external tools such as spreadsheets to interact with BigQuery
- Visualize BigQuery data
- Use access controls to restrict access to BigQuery data
- Query Google Analytics Premium data exported to BigQuery
This class is intended for data analysts and data scientists responsible for: analyzing and visualizing big data, implementing cloud-based big data solutions, deploying or migrating big data applications to the public cloud, implementing and maintaining large-scale data storage environments, and transforming/processing big data.
This class will be taught in English.
This is a hands-on class and we require that you have available:
- A laptop to run the labs. Laptops may be Mac OS, Windows or Linux.
- Credit card is required to sign up for the free trial, although your credit card will not be billed.
- Course materials link will be emailed to you 1-2 days prior to the class start date.
Before attending this course, participants should have:
- Attended CP100A – Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals OR CPB100 – Google Cloud Platform Big Data & Machine Learning Fundamentals (or equivalent experience)
- Experience using a SQL-like query language to analyze data
Check back soon for available dates/location/times.