Email Marketing for Hotels remains as a powerful tool for hospitality businesses to connect with their prospects and customers. The goal is to fill rooms with satisfied clientele, but how do you do it?
Your digital content has the power to strongly influence the buying decisions of your online audience. Your goal is to maximize your digital presence and capture guests when they are ready to convert, with digital marketing strategies, website design, conversational marketing, and more. Tap into Tectonic’s expertise in digital marketing tools and tactics that will attract and engage new guests for your hospitality brand.
Hospitality marketing is an effective way to connect with your customers and meet their personalized needs. If past guests join your email list you are in a great position to market to them. However, it’s crucial to acknowledge that subscribers are inundated with emails daily. The challenge lies in making your email stand out, compelling subscribers to open, read, and act on the Call to Action. Additionally, in the hospitality industry, it is imperative to get the right message to the right prospect at the right time. Here are proven methods to enhance the appeal, effectiveness, and trustworthiness of your emails:
- Stay Relevant:
- Address the needs and intentions of your audience.
- Shift the focus from the sale to what the customer truly requires.
- Set a Content Hierarchy:
- Ensure the main message is immediately visible.
- Organize content to prioritize crucial information, guiding the reader on the next steps.
- Tell a Story:
- Craft a compelling narrative reflecting your brand’s core values.
- Consider behind-the-scenes insights, social activism, or product origins.
- Keep it Simple:
- Focus each email on a single message.
- Streamline the presentation, and if multiple viewpoints are necessary, explore ways to simplify or consider sending additional messages.
- Trim it Back and Clean it Up:
- Edit your email copy for readability.
- Trim down unnecessary content without losing impact.
- Ensure key messages are visible and comprehensible at a glance.
- Grab Their Attention:
- Use concise subject lines with fewer than 50 characters for higher open rates.
- Subject lines are often truncated, so make them attention-grabbing.
- Include a Preheader:
- Craft a preheader that complements the subject line.
- Use it as a call to action or a brief summary of the email content, limited to about 100 characters.
- Save Time with AI:
- Incorporate artificial intelligence (AI) for personalization, segmentation, and other tasks at scale.
- AI tools can streamline processes, saving time and costs.
- Drive Results with a Strong CTA:
- Make your call to action specific, relevant, and compelling.
- Provide an irresistible reason for customers to click through and take action promptly.
- Test. Test. Test Again:
- Experiment with different approaches, including variables in the preheader, body, and content blocks.
- Utilize A/B testing to understand subscriber responses and refine your strategy.
By following these ten tips, you can create emails that are engaging, effective, and eagerly anticipated by your readers. Whether staying relevant, telling a compelling story, keeping it simple, or testing your approach, these strategies will showcase the appeal, effectiveness, and trustworthiness of your brand. Start crafting those emails and monitor their success.
The hotel industry took a big hit during the pandemic. As the world slowly returns to normal, the hotel industry has become more competitive than ever.
With fewer travelers looking for rooms, hotels must find smart, budget-friendly ways to connect with potential customers. Email marketing for hotels is the answer. With an ROI of $42 per dollar spent, email marketing delivers stronger results than social media, direct mail, search and television ads.
Examples of incentives to have guests sign up for your email list:
- Early check-in
- Discount on their first hotel night
- Chance to win a hotel voucher
- Exclusive deals and promotions
- Members-only information
- Invitations to events hosted in your hotel
- Early access to discount rates
- Hotel upgrades
- Guide to all the hotspots in the surrounding location