The Google Analytics connector pulls UTM parameters into Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (formerly Pardot), where they can then sync with Salesforce. Five Google Analytics tags are collected: campaign name, medium, source, content, and term. This connector simplifies the flow of Google Analytics data between Account Engagement and Salesforce.
Account Engagement and Google Connectors: Enhancing Marketing Insights
Pardot, coupled with Google Analytics/Google Ads, forms a powerful combination for organizations using Salesforce. However, despite their synchronization capabilities, these tools have limitations when it comes to in-depth tracking and data utilization.
Challenges with Existing Options
While Account Engagement’s Google Analytics and Google Ads Connectors allow syncing click data, they primarily focus on the first click, offering details like campaign name, medium, source, content, and term. Unfortunately, subsequent Ads interactions beyond the first click are read-only, limiting their utility in automation and Salesforce reporting.
Addressing Key Questions and Concerns
- What about the Last/Most Recent Click?
- The existing connectors mainly capture details related to a prospect’s first click. Considering organizations often prefer a “last touch” model, there’s a need to capture the last/most recent click information.
- How to Make Data More Useable?
- Utilizing field data on lead/contact records is crucial for automation, Salesforce Flow, and reporting. Metrics like lead acquisition cost can be calculated at individual or group levels.
- What About Other Digital Channels?
- In a multi-channel marketing landscape, it’s essential to consider popular channels beyond Google Ads, such as Bing Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Facebook Ads, SEO, and direct website interactions.
- How to Reflect This in Google Reporting?
- Google Analytics excels in providing website behavior insights, but Salesforce CRM holds key conversion points. Bridging this gap involves setting up goals in Google Analytics to track Salesforce events and outcomes.
- What About Respecting Privacy?
- Privacy considerations are paramount, emphasizing the reliance on first-party data rather than third-party cookies. Heeet, a connector, addresses this challenge by capturing interactions per channel while respecting visitor privacy preferences.
Content updated July 2023 to reflect product name change.