Service Cloud, developed by Salesforce, functions as a powerful customer relationship management (CRM) tool explicitly tailored to bolster a business’s customer service operations. This platform streamlines communication between customers and companies, utilizing channels such as email support, live chat, and phone interactions to aid customer agents in promptly identifying and resolving customer issues.
Service Cloud, as a comprehensive customer service platform, empowers businesses to effectively manage and resolve customer inquiries and issues. Its huge array of features encompasses case tracking, social networking plug-ins for conversion, and analytics. If you’ve recently engaged with a business through live chat or created a support ticket, chances are they were leveraging a system like SFDC Service Cloud.
Revolutionize the way your service teams provide value across every customer touchpoint, encompassing customer experience, engagement, processes, automation, and service operations. By reimagining service with Service Cloud, businesses can enhance customer lifetime value, reduce operational costs, and optimize efficiency—from the contact center to the field.
Achieve personalized support at scale with trustworthy Artificial Intelligence. Integrate every customer service process into the Einstein 1 Platform to decrease costs and boost productivity.
Service Cloud provides businesses with a 360-degree view of their customers, enabling the delivery of faster, smarter, and more tailored experiences. Businesses can establish a connected knowledge base, manage case interactions, and facilitate live agent chat—all within a unified platform. Leveraging customer’s past activity data allows for personalized interactions and opportunities for upselling services or products.
It’s important to note the distinction between Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud. Sales Cloud focuses on the sales process, managing leads, opportunities, and sales forecasts. On the other hand, Service Cloud is dedicated to addressing customer inquiries and cases, emphasizing exceptional customer service and support.
Important Features of Service Cloud
Custom Reports and Dashboards
Utilizing real-time reports within SFDC Service Cloud empowers business owners to access a comprehensive case history of customers, facilitating informed decision-making. The associated dashboard provides professionals with a 360-degree view, enabling easy tracking of customer information and cases for efficient problem-solving.
The Salesforce Service Cloud console consolidates customer data across multiple devices and channels. It provides a unified view of customer interactions, encompassing emails, chats, social media mentions, and phone calls.
A case management system collects and organizes customer service interactions from various channels, allowing agents to respond promptly.
Automated Case Routing
Automation in case routing expedites resolutions by assigning tasks to personnel based on qualifications and skills, managing tasks across multiple service channels.
Social Customer Service
Empowering customer teams, Social Customer Service handles user queries on social media channels and directs them to relevant agents, offering a 360-degree view of customers.
Tracking orders, assets, and support history in one place provides a comprehensive view, enabling personalized services and enhancing customer satisfaction.
Integrating with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) systems boosts agent productivity, allowing viewing of customer information without picking up the phone.
Benefits of Salesforce Service Cloud:
- Better Access to Customer Data: Centralized storage facilitates easy access to customer data for different departments.
- Adoption of the Latest Technology: Updated and aligned with current technologies, ensuring users have access to the right information.
- Customized Offerings: Enables personalized services based on a deep understanding of customers.
- Improved Customer Support: Provides assistance from anywhere, anytime, enhancing customer support.
- Better Agent Productivity: Boosts progress and performance of customer service agents through features like Omni-Channel Presence and Routing.
- Salesforce Service Cloud as a Ticketing System: Offers versatile ticketing solutions with integrations and customizable functionality.
- Key Features of Service Cloud: Live agent, Omni Channel, Knowledgebase, Email-to-case, skill-based routing, Macros, Milestone Tracking, etc.
- Support via Customer-Preferred Channels: LiveMessage facilitates communication on channels like Facebook Messenger or text messages.
- Powers of One Console Application: A unified console application increases agent productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Increase in Brand Equity with More Sales Opportunities: Enhances customer satisfaction, leading to increased sales opportunities.
- Difference between Salesforce Service Cloud and Service Console: The Service Console is the centralized interface within Salesforce Service Cloud dedicated to customer service.
- Problems Salesforce Service Cloud Solves: Robust case management ensures effective tracking and management of customer cases.
- Salesforce Field Service: Built on Service Cloud, it transforms the connected customer experience and optimizes operations.
- Salesforce Lightning vs. Salesforce Classic: Lightning offers a modern interface, advanced features, and more regular updates.
- Salesforce Knowledge: Available in Essentials and Unlimited Editions with Service Cloud, available for an additional cost in other editions.
Are you ready to achieve the best in customer service with Salesforce Service Cloud? Contact Tectonic today to learn more.
Content updated September 2023.