At times, communication is more convenient over the phone. Your customers know that. And they expect you to know it too. Salesforce Service Cloud Voice enables agents to handle calls, address customer concerns, and make outbound calls directly from the Service Console.
This feature allows companies to efficiently manage customer phone interactions within the Salesforce platform and the Omni-Channel. Despite the growing prevalence of digital engagement across multiple channels, a significant 93% of customers still prefer using the phone to seek assistance.
Salesforce Service Cloud Voice offers several advantages, including the streamlined centralization of communication channels. Businesses can integrate their phone systems, such as Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and Automatic Call Distribution (ACD), seamlessly into the Sales Cloud with this powerful platform.
Key features of Salesforce Service Cloud Voice include:
- Real-time Omni-Channel visibility from the console for agents and supervisors.
- Integration of telephony, consolidating calls on the Service Cloud platform.
- Increased agent productivity with reduced clicks, less data entry, and quicker call times.
- Swift implementation of a phone channel without requiring code.
- Flexibility in choosing the telephony system to use.
Salesforce continuously enhances its Service Cloud CRM platform, introducing new tools for Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS). Service Cloud Voice, digital engagement, and omnichannel routing are among the recent additions to the platform, offering advanced telephony capabilities natively integrated within Salesforce.
To enable Salesforce Service Cloud Voice with Partner Telephony:
- Log in to the Salesforce org where you wish to install Agent for SCV.
- Click on Setup in the top right corner.
- Search for Partner Telephony Setup.
- Follow the prompts on the Agent for SCV setup page to enable both Voice and Omni-Channel.
Service Cloud Voice integrates seamlessly into the Service Console alongside other channels. This virtual help desk provides a 360-degree view of each customer and their requests. Agents utilize Service Cloud Voice to capture customer information from voice calls and various digital channels, including email, chatbots, web chat, social media, online communities, and SMS messaging. The combination of the console and Voice creates a unique experience, bringing together telephony, digital conversations, and customer relationship management (CRM) data in one unified platform.
Salesforce also offers Einstein Bots, AI-powered chatbots integrated directly into the CRM through the Einstein 1 Platform. These chatbots automate personalized and intelligent service, enabling faster resolutions and task automation by leveraging Salesforce data.
Content updated January 2024.